Monday 17 June 2013

Introduction to A2


Introduction



This blog is for my Media studies A2 coursework. i will be updating and posting everything that is relevant to my planning and coursework. My aim is to create a music video in a group of four people.

My blog will include:

*Music video
*Promotional poster
*CD cover
*Planning relevant to my work


I will have two different blogs. One for myself and one for the group work we will be completing.

What you will find on this blog - 

On my blog you will find a variety of research into music videos with a wide range of style, genre and representation. I will be going through many different videos and comparing and analysing them to gain research and ideas for my own music video. All the posts will relate to tasks i have been given and to my end project. This blog will also give information and explanation on why i have chosen the genre i have to use for my group music video. My genre has already been decided since i done research into this last year.

What genre I am going to use.
I am going try and use dance music for my music videos if i can but it may be hard to use, i have chosen to use it dance music because it is the genre that I enjoy and love the most and the music videos relate to having a good time and having fun which i think i could show. The tempo of this genre is fast paced and alot of close up shots are used which will be easy to implant in a video. I watch dance music videos growing up and frequently buy the mixmag magazine so i have a well rounded insight on the genre.  This genre played a huge part of my teenage years and has influenced me and the people around me. My genre may change after i have researched since i could find a better genre to use for my music video. 


I will find this work interesting and fun since I enjoy music and learning about the surrounding areas of music. I think it will be a hard course but with the right research and investigation it can be made easier and interesting. 

Here are examples of a music video, a poster and a album cover using my favourite dance artist: 



Album coverPoster

0 comments:

Post a Comment